Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!

spruemer3

I am trying to determine if I need to complete a Form 1099 MISC for work done on my beach house. Can you help me?

I paid more than $600 to companies (LLCs) and not independent contractors for repairs on my vacation home in 2018.  Do I need to complete Form 1099-MISC for these companies?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

You issue 1099s if you are a business making payments to a person (including sole props and single member LLCs.). You don't issue 1099s if you are a person, or if you are paying companies other than sole props.