turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

carol113

I am trying file my taxes, it stops near the end..... telling me I need to enter a 1095A I have a 1905B what do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am trying file my taxes, it stops near the end..... telling me I need to enter a 1095A I have a 1905B what do I do?

If you acquired health insurance through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) ("Obamacare"), then you should have received a form 1095-A which you must enter in TurboTax.

This will enable TurboTax to complete form 8962, to reconcile the amount of Premium Tax Credit that you received based on your estimate income at the beginning of the year with the amount that you should have received.based on your actual income.

The 1095-B came from the insurance company who underwrote your ACA health policy. You do not enter this into TurboTax.

If you did not receive the 1095-A, then go to healthcare.gov (if you get the insurance from here) and either log in to get a copy or call their representative for help.

If you got the insurance from your state marketplace (if one), then go to the state marketplace's  website for contact information.

alexagr2

please tell me the best way to file in at the end and its not letting me efile  its asking for a premium amount for a 1095 A i only have a 1095 -B with no premium amount i dont know what to do

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies