alilyn978

I am the Grantor of a Revocable Living Trust. It was assigned an EIN (not my ssn). Do I have to file form 1041 or do I just file it with my 1040?

"Do I have to file form 1041 or do I just file it with my 1040?"

The better procedure, in my opinion, would be to file a return based upon, that corresponds with, the taxpayer ID that is shown on your tax reporting statements (e.g., 1099-B). 

However, since you were issued an EIN, the IRS will probably be expecting a 1041. Regardless, you most likely qualify to file via Optional Method 2. See https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1041#idm140433959941904

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing