Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am single and from massachusetts. My W2 is showing "Fed 00, State 04".I asked my manager to fix thatbut he told me he doesn't know anything about this thinngs. Help me

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am single and from massachusetts. My W2 is showing "Fed 00, State 04".I asked my manager to fix thatbut he told me he doesn't know anything about this thinngs. Help me

You mean your W-2 is showing "0" in box 2 for federal tax withheld?  Where does it say zero?   What box has "4"?

If your manager does not know what is supposed to be on your W-2 then is there a payroll department you can ask?  We cannot help you by telling you to change it.  Whatever the employer put on the W-2 is what they reported to the IRS.  You need to sort this out with your employer.

Or are you really asking about your W-4 that shows how many allowances you are claiming -- which affects how much tax they withhold from your paycheck?  Please explain more.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think you are really asking about your federal and state W-4's which is use to determine withholding on wages based on exemptions claimed.   if your manager knows nothing, talk to the person or department handling payroll.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies