erdolly

I am single. 27 year old daughter lived with me all year/attended college. No income; I provided all support. Can I file as head of household; claim her for dependent?

Turbo Tax chose single filing and took her as dependent.  Another version of Turbo Tax chose head of household with her as dependent.  Your example answers are in context of married filing separately.  My husband is deceased so  I'm single.  Thus, answers were not helpful.

MarilynG

Yes, you would qualify as Head of Household

Check your entries in the MY INFO section.  There is a question asking whether you provided over 50% of household support.

Since your daughter is too old to qualify as a Qualifying Child  (under 24 if a full-time student or disabled), that may be where you are having an issue with two different answers.

She would be an Other Dependent.   

Here's more info on Head of Household and Other Dependent. 

[Edited 03/17/2020 | 2:56 PM]

MarilynG

She would be an Other Dependent.   

[Edited 03/17/2020 | 2:56 PM]