roccoi

I am setting up an installment plan for part of my taxes , in Turbo tax how do I use one account to pay my taxes and another for my installment plan ?

PhyllisG

If you haven't filed your return yet, go through the File section of TurboTax until you reach the screen "How would you like to pay your federal taxes?" 

Select "I want to request an installment plan"Continue, and follow the onscreen instructions.

You will be prompted to enter your bank information for the installment agreement.

If you would like to make a partial payment towards your taxes today, it is best to utilize the Internal Revenue Service Direct Pay feature.  You will not be charged a fee, nor will your bank account information be retained in the Direct Pay system.

You will need to check with your states taxing agency to determine if they have an online payment feature.