• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saracox654

I am self employed and there are a few forms that aren’t available and I notice the date keeps getting pushed back when the forms will be available to me. Why?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DoninGA
Level 15

I am self employed and there are a few forms that aren’t available and I notice the date keeps getting pushed back when the forms will be available to me. Why?

The IRS has to complete the 2017 forms and schedules and then the IRS has to approve the TurboTax forms and schedules that are included in the tax preparation software.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for IRS Forms availability - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

Additionally, the IRS will not be accepting any type of 2017 tax return until January 29, 2018 so there is no rush to file a tax return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Critter
Level 15

The posted dates of availability are always subject to change due to the IRS approval schedule. Nothing anyone can do about that.
DoninGA
Level 15

The IRS has to complete the 2017 forms and schedules and then the IRS has to approve the TurboTax forms and schedules that are included in the tax preparation software.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for IRS Forms availability - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

Additionally, the IRS will not be accepting any type of 2017 tax return until January 29, 2018 so there is no rush to file a tax return.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v