turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am self employed and need to use forms 8594, 6252, and 4562. Can I use the self Employed version or do I need to use the small business version

I am self employed and need to use forms 8594, 6252, and 4562.  Can I use the self Employed version or do I need to use the small business version

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieCo

I am self employed and need to use forms 8594, 6252, and 4562. Can I use the self Employed version or do I need to use the small business version

It depends upon what type an entity your business is to determine which TurboTax products to use.  

TurboTax Self Employed (Online) and TurboTax Home & Business (CD or Download) are for sole proprietors and single-member LLCs.  In these scenarios, your business tax is reported on your personal income tax return.

TurboTax Business (CD or download) is for multi-member LLCs, partnerships, SCorp, C Corporation or Fiduciaries (Trust/Estates).  In these scenarios, a separate tax return is required and created for the business with these products.  Your personal income tax return would have to be created with one of the TurboTax products for personal income.  

All of the above TurboTax products support/utilize Forms 4562 and 6252.  But only TurboTax Business also includes Form 8594 available in the software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies