jamdhutc

I am seeking an exemption from the health care tax. We live and work in a foreign country and have health coverage here. How do I receive this exemption?

You have to indicate on your federal tax return your health insurance coverage status for the year.  Since you are an overseas resident you would indicate in the TurboTax program that you did Not have ACA compliant coverage at any point during the year.  You will then be asked what would waive the tax penalty for not being insured for your situation.  You would indicate that either Spent 330 days or more outside U.S. or Resident of foreign country or U.S. territory.  The exemption from the penalty would show on Line 61 of Form 1040 as having Full year coverage.