I am part of a nanny share which is at someone else's house. I think I need to give them a W-2 but I don't have an EIN. Do I need one in order to file the return?

bbooth09

Will a SSN suffice or do I need to get an EIN as well?

Coleen3

Yes, you will need to get an EIN, but it is easy.

If you must withhold and pay social security and Medicare taxes, or if you withhold federal income tax, you'll need to complete Form W-2.pdf, Wage and Tax Statement, for each employee. ... To complete Form W-2, you'll need an employer identification number (EIN) and your employees' social security numbers.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-n...