socceristhebest

I am only showing a tax return of $18. I am trying to find out why my return is not more. I live in Nevada. My W-2 is just shy of 30,000.

SteamTrain

Its quite possible that your tax withholding is just quite closely matched to the taxes that you actually owe to the IRS.  So it's possible that is correct.

There is no reason why you should be getting a larger refund......but if you think you should. then print out your tax return and look at the $$ on the various liens to see if they are correct.  Sometimes people double enter some income type, and don't realize it until they see their printed forms.  Check the taxes prepaid (withholding) totals too.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain