nate8

I am not seeing the estimated tax that I already paid for 2016.

I went through the federal and state forms. At one point in state, I read "You did not indicate on your federal forms that you paid estimated tax in 2016." I was self-employed at the beginning of 2016 so I did make an estimated tax payment for Q1. However, it looks like I missed this filling out the federal form.

I went back into the federal area, but I was unable to locate an area to enter estimated tax already paid. Is this something I can or should fill out? Thank you.

You can type estimates paid in the search box at the top of your return and click Find and it will give you a link to Jump To it.

OR
To enter Federal or State Estimated Taxes Paid, including a state estimated payment made in Jan 2017 for 2016, go to
Federal Taxes (or Personal for H&B/Self Employed version)
Deductions and Credits
Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
Estimated Taxes - click the Start or Update button

See this answer, it has screen shots,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3896471-i-sent-in-three-3-forms-1040-es-for-a-total-of-966-in-2016...

OR
Deductions and Credits

See this answer, it has screen shots,