turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am filing single and not claiming my children as their father claimed them. However for part of the year last year we did live together do I still include my child’s name on my return And just

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am filing single and not claiming my children as their father claimed them. However for part of the year last year we did live together do I still include my child’s name on my return And just

Who did the children live with for the longer part of the year but more than half the year  (more then 183 nights)?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Both of us, he moved in a month after they were born. The boys are the same age as they are twins, their father claim them on taxes. Just curious if I include their name and that someone else claim them on their taxes. Or if I leave their names off completely

If you live together then only one parent can claim a child and all the credits.   The child should not be on the other parents tax return at all.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Manage cookies