Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!

I am employed as a nanny. I do not receive a W2, I have all of my paychecks from the past year, I do not want to file self employed as I am taxed even more.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

If you were an employee, new Form 8919 is used to report wage income that was incorrectly reported on Form 1099 or not reported at all. It will require you to pay FICA and Medicare taxes on the payments (remember - you would have paid them anyway) but not the matching employer share. You will also have to prepare Form SS-8 (a request for determination on employee vs. contractor status) unless your employer considers you an employee for other purposes and sends you a Form W-2.. Form SS-8 is not an easy form to fill out.

Easier solution:  Get your employer to handle it correctly and provide you with a Form W-2.

Were taxes withheld from your paychecks?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
bwa
Alumni
Alumni