Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am employed as a nanny. I do not receive a W2, I have all of my paychecks from the past year, I do not want to file self employed as I am taxed even more.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

I am employed as a nanny. I do not receive a W2, I have all of my paychecks from the past year, I do not want to file self employed as I am taxed even more.

If you were an employee, new Form 8919 is used to report wage income that was incorrectly reported on Form 1099 or not reported at all. It will require you to pay FICA and Medicare taxes on the payments (remember - you would have paid them anyway) but not the matching employer share. You will also have to prepare Form SS-8 (a request for determination on employee vs. contractor status) unless your employer considers you an employee for other purposes and sends you a Form W-2.. Form SS-8 is not an easy form to fill out.

Easier solution:  Get your employer to handle it correctly and provide you with a Form W-2.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Were taxes withheld from your paychecks?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

If you were an employee, new Form 8919 is used to report wage income that was incorrectly reported on Form 1099 or not reported at all. It will require you to pay FICA and Medicare taxes on the payments (remember - you would have paid them anyway) but not the matching employer share. You will also have to prepare Form SS-8 (a request for determination on employee vs. contractor status) unless your employer considers you an employee for other purposes and sends you a Form W-2.. Form SS-8 is not an easy form to fill out.

Easier solution:  Get your employer to handle it correctly and provide you with a Form W-2.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies