edwardbeagle

I am doing taxes for one retired couple, one working person, and one couple with a self-employed head of household. Will the Self-Employed Turbotax be enough?

I have not purchased my Turbotax yet.  I am hoping the Self Employed will suffice for all my family members.

MaryK1

If you file the tax returns online, you will have to pay for each return filed, but you will be able to use the program that fits each tax return--(in which case you would choose Home & Business not Self-Employed)

You might want to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software to save money

• Unless the additional return/s you want to file in TurboTax Online are simple returns and can be filed using the Free Edition, there is a charge for each additional return filed in TurboTax Online.
  • On the other hand, the TurboTax CD/Download software lets you file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost. More info

The comparable desktop version is called Home and Business.
MaryK1

In the Desktop CD/Download programs they all have the same forms do you could use a lower version for all returns, even for the self employment.  You will get the most help in the Home & Business version.  Home & Business can do all the personal returns including the 1040EZ and 1040A short form.  

And in the Desktop program you can see and enter directly into the actual forms.  You get one free state program download to prepare unlimited state returns.  But each state is 24.99 to efile or you can print and mail state for free.