Solved: I am a W-2 employee plus I am an independent contractor which version of tubo tax do I use. I have used the self-employed the last few years but my situation has changed

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a W-2 employee plus I am an independent contractor which version of tubo tax do I use. I have used the self-employed the last few years but my situation has changed

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

I am a W-2 employee plus I am an independent contractor which version of tubo tax do I use. I have used the self-employed the last few years but my situation has changed

TurboTax Self Employed (Online) and TurboTax Home & Business (Desktop) support filing W-2 forms for employees, and 1099-MISC forms for contractors. Each supports Schedule C for sole proprietorship businesses as well.

If you operate a business as an independent contractor that is not a sole proprietorship (Corporation, S-Corp, Partnership), then you would use two separate TurboTax products; one for your business return (TurboTax Business) and one for your individual return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 1

TurboTax Self Employed (Online) and TurboTax Home & Business (Desktop) support filing W-2 forms for employees, and 1099-MISC forms for contractors. Each supports Schedule C for sole proprietorship businesses as well.

If you operate a business as an independent contractor that is not a sole proprietorship (Corporation, S-Corp, Partnership), then you would use two separate TurboTax products; one for your business return (TurboTax Business) and one for your individual return.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings