turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a rideshare driver and did not recieve a 1099-MISC. The only information I have is gross earnings and the Uber Tax ID number .. I’m unsure how to input that income

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I am a rideshare driver and did not recieve a 1099-MISC. The only information I have is gross earnings and the Uber Tax ID number .. I’m unsure how to input that income

That is all you need; you do not need a 1099-MISC to report your Uber income.  Set-up your driving business profile first, see instructions below, and then add the income under ''Other Self-Employed Income''.   There is a separate entry (right underneath 1099-MISC) to enter income not reported to you on a 1099.   It is handled like you received cash.  

To set up your business:

1. Log in and select the Pick up where I left off button.
  2. Search for schedule c (type it exactly like that) and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? or Did you have any income and expenses for a business in 2019? and follow the instructions.  There will several questions before you get to the 'Add income' part.
    1. If you've already entered a different business and need to add Ridesharing, select Add another line of work.
    2. If your Ridesharing business profile is already set-up, click on Edit next to your ridesharing business.  Then click Add Income for this work and select Other Self-Employed Income and enter the amount of your Gross earnings.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

That is all you need; you do not need a 1099-MISC to report your Uber income.  Set-up your driving business profile first, see instructions below, and then add the income under ''Other Self-Employed Income''.   There is a separate entry (right underneath 1099-MISC) to enter income not reported to you on a 1099.   It is handled like you received cash.  

To set up your business:

1. Log in and select the Pick up where I left off button.
  2. Search for schedule c (type it exactly like that) and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? or Did you have any income and expenses for a business in 2019? and follow the instructions.  There will several questions before you get to the 'Add income' part.
    1. If you've already entered a different business and need to add Ridesharing, select Add another line of work.
    2. If your Ridesharing business profile is already set-up, click on Edit next to your ridesharing business.  Then click Add Income for this work and select Other Self-Employed Income and enter the amount of your Gross earnings.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies