I am a non-resident alien, I did not receive form w-2, 1042-s, 8288-A,do I still have to attach them when I fill form-1040nr?

I only have rental income from the apartment I invested in US,  no other income. But it is strange when i found there is a column in form-1040nr to ask me to attach W-2, 1042-S. SSA-1042S, RRB-1042S and 8288-A.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

do you live abroad? If you are a nonresident alien and your only US sourced income is rental income, there is no need to attach anything else. Form 1040NR also applies for nonresident aliens working in the US, so there might be things on it, that do not apply to someone with only rental income.

yes, I live abroad.

okay, so you can just ignore any fields not related to your own US sourced income. And just to be sure, Turbotax does not support form 1040NR (but you probably knew that)

OK, Thank you.