fb984

I am a J1 holder. But I made my account for turboTax for common one. I would like to switch to use "spintax" one. Can I use same ID or should made new one?

I realize that turbo tax doesn't cover 1040NR. If I need to make new account for spintax, how do I handle with first account for Turbotax?  Can I just leave it?

ChristinaS

Sprintax is its own website. So, you will need to recreate an account with them. You may be able to use the same username, of course, but nothing will transfer from TurboTax.

If you haven't gone very far with Turbo Tax, then you can delete the data.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899886-can-i-delete-my-tax-return-in-turbotax-online

Either way, Turbo Tax does not mail returns on you behalf or transmit returns without you pressing those buttons. So, if you leave your data on our site, it won't go anywhere without your efforts. You can just leave it.

Are you certain that you should be filing a 1040-NR? Do you have any questions?

ChristinaS