mariet_mourhatch

I am a IHSS provider living with my recipient, I have a W2 with 0 withholding in box 2 and 17. I have reported /offset it for federal. Should i use CA IHSS option also?

Bsch4477

Yes, that income is also not taxed by CA but cannot be used as earned income for the purpose of claiming earned income credit. 

mariet_mourhatch

I am living with my recipient in state of California so there was no Federal or State withholding. Only Social Security tax, Medicare tax and CA SDI were deducted.  

I am not using it for earned income credit. I have already added the W2 in Federal income and offset it by negative amount under, 'Miscellaneous Income/Other reportable income' using "IRS Notice 2014-7" description.

Now for State, under ' Income and adjustments' there is also an option for 'In-Home Support Services Supplemental Payments'. My question is should I enter the payment here as well? or am I double dipping?

Thank you.

Bsch4477

I did a test return and after I adjusted the W-2 amount with a negative amount as you did, I found that the adjustment was carried to the CA 540 without any other input required.