Solved: I am a full time college student, making only 8,400 a year. i have heard i shouldnt have to pay any taxes if tax is collected from my pay checks.

I am a full time college student, making only 8,400 a year. i have heard i shouldnt have to pay any taxes if tax is collected from my pay checks.

this is not the case for me because it says i owe 171 dollars for my state return. did i enter something incorrectly. im a full time college student and my parents still claim me on their tax returns

Students are not exempt from paying taxes.  If you are claimed as a dependent on your parents' return, any income over $6300 is taxable on your Federal return.  Your tax liability for your state will be determined by the tax laws of your state.