aleksk001

I am a DACA recipient, and from the months of Jan to May 2018 I was under my moms Obamacare insurance then got dropped. Do I provide her 1095A she got or no?

I was dropped because Im not eligible for Marketplace insurance being a DACA recipient. On my moms 1095A, her info is all listed, but for me its just my name and the months where I had the insurance. My social and DOB are missing so wondering if I provide this information or not since we're filing separately.
DanielV01

She should have the 1095-A, yes.  On your return, if you are filing as a non-dependent, you may claim that you are "not legally present" in the United States for all 12 months and generate exception code C (even though you had health insurance a few months, they would not have covered you once the disqualifier was revealed).

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing