Crisanne1

I am a custodian on my daughter's acct. Last year, she was 18 and I put the information on her tax return, not mine, is that correct?

Hal_Al

It's somewhat optional. Assuming the account is under her Social security number, it's always OK to file the income on her return; even before she was 18.

If your dependent child is under age 19 (or under 24 if a full time student), and her only income is from interest and dividends, Alaska PFD or capital gains distributions shown on a 1099-DIV, there is a provision for entering it on your return, using form 8814. Enter at Less common income / Child's income.

But, it is usually best for her to file a separate return, as qualified dividends and capital gain distributions could be taxed at a higher rate on the parent's return. 

Hal_Al