enow123

I am a college student and my mom claimed me on her taxes. It is saying I have a standard deduction, of $2,000, why? I shouldn't get this back

JaimeG

Your Standard Deduction in Line 5 in 1040EZ is actually calculated with a worksheet. The minimum Standard Deduction is $1050 and the maximum is $6300. You received just a bit more than the minimum, this is most likely due to the amount of your income.

You do not have to worry, this is the Deduction amount you are entitled to even as your Mother's dependent. Below is a screenshot with the Worksheet that contains the calculation that TurboTax used to figure your Standard Deduction for 1040EZ. If you have any more questions on the subject, feel free to continue on this thread.  

JaimeG