Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!

dhxorwjd

I am 7th year F1 student. Last return was done by W2 form. But this year I got W2 from prior college and 1042-S for current one. For 1042S, box1 is 16, 3a is 00, 4a is 16

To give additional info about 1042-S, box1 is 16, box 3 is3, box 3a is 00, box 4a is 16, box 12b is 20, box 12c is 24. Let me know if you need more
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Generally you are only required to file a Form 1040NR for your first 5 years in the United States on F1 visa. TurboTax doesn't support this form, but we have a partnership with Sprintax offering a nonresident tax filing solution to our TurboTax customers.

I believe you need to contact your college and discuss with them that you are no longer required to file with 1042-S and request them to issue you a W-2. 

Visit TurboTax Sprintax for more info or to get started.