Solved: I always filled out 1040 in the past, this is my first time to fill out tax return online, it recommended me to use 10404e and 1040z. what is different

I always filled out 1040 in the past, this is my first time to fill out tax return online, it recommended me to use 10404e and 1040z. what is different

If you have a simple return without itemized deductions or self-employment income, then TT will select either 1040EZ or 1040A as the most appropriate tax return form for you, based on the information that you enter.

The Free Edition only had the 1040EZ and 1040A returns and not the full 1040 long form and Free Edition does not have deductions.  If you need to enter something that goes on the full 1040 return you have to upgrade to a paid version Deluxe or higher.