tracy197248

I already paid to have my taxes filed, why is I'm being asked to finish my taxes?

fanfare

Did you buy TurboTax ?

TurboTax is software that knows the IRS tax forms.

It is still up to you to file your tax return.

Did you finish filing?  Just paying the fees does not file the return.  Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

Did you efile? Was it Accepted? You can check your efile status here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

If you did efile and it was Accepted you might have another account.  That's common.  

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

Carl

Paying for the TurboTax program and e-filing (or mailing) your tax return are two physically separate actions. If you paid your Turbotax fees then it's up to you to continue through and click the big orange TRANSMIT MY RETURNS NOW button to actually e-file the return.

If you elected to mail your return, then it's up to you to print, sign and mail your return to the IRS (and to the state if applicable).

TurboTax does not, can not and will not file a tax return for anyone by any means under any circumstances. There are no exceptions. Only you can file the return either electronically via E-file, or on paper by "you" putting it in an envelope and mailing it.