turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I already paid the $40 for this year 2021 but when i go to file them it takes to the payment page and won't let me file even though i already paid, how do skip over it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I already paid the $40 for this year 2021 but when i go to file them it takes to the payment page and won't let me file even though i already paid, how do skip over it?

Please clear the cookies and cache on your browser, and attempt to log back into Turbo Tax using the same login credentials. 

If you are still being prompted for payment, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you add a state return after making the first payment of $40?   In the Online Deluxe Edition a state return is an additional $40.

Maybe you added a state return or another service?  State is another separate $40 in Deluxe and above.  Or did you buy the Desktop CD/Download program but ended up using the Online version?

Or did you purchase desktop software (CD/download) and are now efiling both Federal and State returns?   If so, in the desktop product there is a $20 state efile fee (except no fee for New York state).    There is no fee to print and mail the state return.

Manage cookies