turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rsmata

I agreed to pay irs on a future date while preparing 2016 return how do i find this date?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ddaven12

I agreed to pay irs on a future date while preparing 2016 return how do i find this date?

The IRS will not debit the payment until  your tax return has been completely processed. If the scheduled date has passed that means they are still processing your return. 

You can verify your scheduled debit date for your Federal payment by following the steps below:

• Sign into your Online account
  • Go to My TurboTax in the top left
  • Then select My Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets
  • The information is found in the Federal Information Worksheet in section V.

In addition, due to high e-filing volume, it can take a few more days to process the payment and then it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

If it has been more than 10 days after your return has been accepted and the payment has not been debited, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 to verify the scheduled debit date.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ddaven12

The IRS will not debit the payment until  your tax return has been completely processed. If the scheduled date has passed that means they are still processing your return. 

You can verify your scheduled debit date for your Federal payment by following the steps below:

• Sign into your Online account
  • Go to My TurboTax in the top left
  • Then select My Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets
  • The information is found in the Federal Information Worksheet in section V.

In addition, due to high e-filing volume, it can take a few more days to process the payment and then it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

If it has been more than 10 days after your return has been accepted and the payment has not been debited, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 to verify the scheduled debit date.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies