ryry207

I added my w2s to turbotax. I add my last w2 and my federal goes from 700 or so to -96. I noticed line 17 shows nothing on 2 of my w2's. Is this the reason?

Lisa995

That's not the reason.  The reason is that taxes are computed on the entire years income, not per W2.  

So had you entered the second W2 first, you would have seen a different refund at first, but then once you entered the other youd be back to the -96 again.

If you took both W2s and combined them into a single W2, youd only ever see the -96 amount due.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Lisa995

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ryry207

two of my works w2's are stating i didn't pay any state income tax which i know i have so were confused why they never put it on the w2
Lisa995

If your paycheck stubs show that they had been withholding state income tax and your W2 shows nothing, you need to speak with your employer about a corrected W2.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪