Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!

Lissette2

Husband is in prison for the last 24 years and does not remember his ss# can I still file married/jointly but mail in the form and will I get the full refund.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Coleen3

There is no way to know if you will get all your money back until you do your taxes. You can definitely file jointly if both of you choose to do so.The IRS will want your husband's social security number. There are no special circumstances such as, it is applied for but it hasn't come yet.

Coleen3

Lissette2

Hi, he has a resident card as of 16 years old as well as his social at that time but he does not remember his number so that means I am stuck right.

What have you been doing for all the past years?  Have you been married for all of those years?  And what do you mean by "his social at that time"?  If his social security number is on an ID from long ago, it is still the same number.
Lissette2

Thank you all for your responses