mcfartypants

Husband and I separated. Filing as Head Of HouseHold. Why doespecially TurboTax require his information?

Have been separated since 2008. Living separately

ToddL

As long as you are each filing "Married, Filing Separately", the IRS requires you to provide certain information about your spouse on your return. This is necessary for them to confirm each of you are complying with the requirements of "Married, Filing Separately" returns (e.g.  your method of claiming deductions).

ToddL

TomD8

If you qualify to file as HOH, information on your spouse is not required.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.