Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2


My company contribute $1500 for my HSA account.  Do I need to report that in my taxes?  If so, where do I report this contribution?

1 Reply
Expert Alumni


Generally speaking, if you have a Health Savings Account through your employer and they contribute to the HSA you will generally find that on Box 12, Code W of your W2.


When you enter the W2 into TurboTax the contribution is entered automatically. You still need to walk through the Health Saving Account section to enter your 1099SA distributions and answer questions about your insurance.

  1. While signed in and working in TurboTax Online 2019, click on Federal in the black menu on left.
  2. Click on Deduction and Credits in the upper portion of the page.
  3. Scroll down and click on Medical, Show More.
  4. Choose HSA, MSA Contributions by clicking Start or Revisit
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"