Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to make initial payment when signing up for installment payment plan through TurboTax?

I filed my state and federal tax return using Turbo Tax Deluxe. For my federal tax return I signed up for the installment payment plan by following the steps on TurboTax at the time of filing. I entered an initial payment to make along with the monthly payments after. After transmitting the return it said there are some documents that need to be sent. The document had a voucher with the amount that I specified in the initial payment for the payment plan. It says mail a check or money order. Do I need to make that first payment I specified in the payment plan through a check or will it be automatically deducted from my bank account? Basically do I need to do anything else or not? My federal return has also been accepted but I haven't received any notification on whether my installment payment plan was accepted.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How to make initial payment when signing up for installment payment plan through TurboTax?

The initial payment must be mailed as the instructions direct as the DD function will not kick in for a few weeks . 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The initial payment must be mailed as the instructions direct as the DD function will not kick in for a few weeks . 

Expect the IRS to take 4 to 8 weeks to notify you about the payment plan acceptance or rejection.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies