Solved: How to get rid of Medical exp penalty since i am not eligible for it for the months Jan-Sept. I came to US on 1st Oct and I had medical insurance only for these months

meshwet83

How to get rid of Medical exp penalty since i am not eligible for it for the months Jan-Sept. I came to US on 1st Oct and I had medical insurance only for these months

KittyM

Please revisit the Health Insurance Interview in your Federal return and review the options on the page Did anyone have a situation that waives the tax penalty for being uninsured?  (This page comes up after you enter the months you DID have health insurance.)

Click the Learn more links to see if you may qualify for one of the first three options under Wasn't required to get insurance on this page.

KittyM