Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to get CPA to review return

I have used Turbo Tax Premier (desktop version) to prepare my taxes (filed an extension) and am now ready to file.  When I purchased Premier, it said one of the features is to have a CPA review my return before filing.  How can I set this up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Your profile indicates you are using a desktop version of TurboTax (Premier).

TurboTax Live is only available for TurboTax Online customers.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-is-turbotax-live/00/27191

I understand the live walkthrough with a CPA is only available on TurboTaxLive, but when I purchased the desktop version of Premier, it indicated there was a way to submit for a CPA review which would be done offline and there would be an appointment set up to review the results.  This is the review I am looking to do, not the live review via TurboTax Live.  Thanks!

Where did you see that?  I have never heard of any such thing.   CPA review is online live only.  

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I realize it is somewhat confusing because the terms Live Review and Offline Review are used.

However, you must be using TurboTax Live to get either a live or offline review of your return and TurboTax Live is only available for online customers.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/expert-review/help/how-do-i-schedule-my-review-using-turbotax-live...

I recall seeing it in the description when Deluxe encouraged me to upgrade to Premier.  I will call them on Monday and will post an update on what the response is.  Thanks you all of you for your help, I really appreciate it. 🙂

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@baseballcoach13 I'll watch for your response to see how the Support agents advise you.  The offerings from Intuit for expert assistance seem to be continually morphing.   Before TurboTax Live, there was "Expert Review", which did offer a review of your return by an expert before filing.  I can't recall for certain, but this "may" have been available for Desktop users.  As I mentioned, this is a moving target....hard to keep it pinned down!  Thanks for your question, and for your patience.

2019-09-07 20_48_00-Window.png

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Hi Kat,

I'm still chasing this a bit.  I called TurboTax and was routed to a CPA who sent a link to schedule a review of my return, however the link does not appear to work.  I get a redirect and a blank screen when I try to access it.  Have tried disabling pop-up blockers and multiple browsers with the same result.  I will try to call them during support hours tomorrow.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@baseballcoach13 I will share this thread with TurboTax Moderators.  No one will be able to review it until tomorrow; they aren't currently working on weekends.  I'm so sorry you've experienced such difficulty.

Hopefully, someone will reach out to you tomorrow.  Be sure to check your email, and make sure your email address is correct in your TurboTax account.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

@baseballcoach13 wrote:

Hi Kat,

I'm still chasing this a bit.  I called TurboTax and was routed to a CPA who sent a link to schedule a review of my return, however the link does not appear to work. 

Mu guess is that the agent (and CPA) assumed that you were a TurboTax Live customer with a TurboTax Live online account and without such an account that has your online tax return in it,  the link cannot work.  AFAIK nobody has the ability to see or review a return that is on your own personal computer and not on a TurboTax online server.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

In the turbo tax desktop application upgrade page, it states access to a CPA is available to premier and business releases.... how do i access a CPA for this release.

"Answer your tax questions  by phone"

20200705-001778-Window.png

I have completed alot of the21 return on my Turbo tax but need a CPA to lookit over as I have run into problems declaring from a second home sale;

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@thomasbaker38 You'll just need to "upgrade" to TurboTax Live to have a CPA or other Expert review your return before filing.  See the info I'm sharing below to simply add TurboTax Live to your order.

How do I add TurboTax Live to my order? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies