How to file an extension

I'm still waiting on some paper work, and need to file an extension but I'm not sure if thats going to affect the amount I have to pay , is there a penalty fee or interest I have to pay in addition to the amount I owe if u pay it in October ?

How to file an extension

how do i file for an extension today right now from this computer

How to file an extension

How to file an extension

File for your extension using your Intuit turbo tax id and password by e-file.   If you owe tax you will still have to pay a penalty if you pay after April 18, so pay the tax as soon as you can.  File as soon as you can.  The later you wait the more penalty and interest.

How to file an extension

Drivee09

How to file an extension

Loistricker is right. Interest isn't that bad if pay soon but if you owe a lot an underpayment penalty will tacked on as well.

How to file an extension

/

How to file an extension

There is no extra fee to file an extension, but the extension is only to file the return, not to pay. If you don't pay your taxes due by 04/18/2017, you are subject to a penalty. So you should make a payment with your extension if you think you'll. owe.

To file an extension, go to Federal Taxes and choose Other Tax Situations. Scroll Down to Other Tax Forms and choose File an Extension. See the screenshots below.

How to file an extension

You have to click OFF that you want to E-File this tax return before you can set it up as an E-Filed Extension.  Very important.  I kept missing that on my Corporate extensions and finally mailed them in.