How to enter 1099-misc miscellaneous income for me and my spouse, as we both officiate sports

Your question is very common - sorry for the confusion. 

Information from Form 1099-MISC can be entered in 2 different locations, depending on your situation:

• Self-Employment - when the income relates to your normal job or something you do regularly. This income will end up on a Sch C, subject self-employment tax and expenses can be entered to reduce the taxable amount. (The Turbo Tax program will help walk you through the proper treatment of that kind of income)
  • Other Common Income - something you did only once - and not related to your normal job and not something you intend to do in the future. No expenses can be entered for this type of income. 

If the second example sounds like you - enter this information in Turbo Tax as follows: Go to Federal Taxes - then click on Wages & Income, next look for the section: Other Common Income, then click on Start to the right of "Form 1099-MISC."

I hope this helped you. Thank you for using Turbo Tax