Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How to change occupation in which you incurred expenses?

1 Reply
Level 10

How to change occupation in which you incurred expenses?

You'll need to revisit the job-related expenses section to change the occupation for which you incurred expenses.

  • Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click My Account (top right of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the search bar, type 2106.
  • In the results box, highlight 2106, then click GO.
  • You'll land on the Job-Related Expenses Summary. Click Edit next to the entry you wish to change. (Click the first screenshot below for reference.)
  • This opens Tell us about the occupation you have expenses for. (Click the second screenshot below.) Edit the occupation and click Continue.
  • Continue advancing through the tax interview. When you are finished with this section, you'll see the Job-Related Expenses Summary again, with the occupation changed. (Click the third screenshot below for reference.) 

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings