traoremahamoudou

How to amend tax using turbo tax 2016 on mac when you filed in 2 states. I was able to get a code and download the software but it crashes or asks me to pay for states.

I downloaded turbo tax premier 2016 for mac to file an amended tax return. When I try to launch TT, it opens a window called "keep up to date with tax laws". As soon as that window opens, it crashes and says " oh dear TurboTax ran into a problem and has to shut down". does anybody have a solution for that ? 

I have also tried to directly open the .tax file directly by double clicking on it. However, Since i filed in multiple states, it asks me to purchase each state products for 2016. Do i really need to purchase them to amend my taxes for 2016? I used Turbotax premier online last year

philkinson

Last year, I, too filed in both Ohio and New York to cover sale of a second home in 2016.  I was using TT Premier and remember that I did have to purchase NY.  OH was included in the purchase price of the Premier package.