turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How much would I pay for Premier for just 1 e-file if i start online versus if I buy the cd?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How much would I pay for Premier for just 1 e-file if i start online versus if I buy the cd?

Online editions can only prepare 1 Federal return per account per year.   Online Premier is currently discounted at 59.99 for the Federal return (normally 79.99), and 36.99 for a State return (normally 39.99).  

That assumes you will pay upfront by credit/debit card.  Paying product fees out of the Federal refund has an extra 39.99 service fee.

Online Premier cannot prepare Schedule C (with expenses) for a self-employed business, and cannot prepare Schedule F (farm).

Online products:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Prices are subject to increase (normally in late winter), but can be locked in by paying before the price increase.

Desktop Premier is currently 99.99 (normally 109.99), but includes 1 state program to prepare state returns.

Desktop products:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

With the desktop editions you can prepare multiple Federal returns with 5 free Federal efiles.   In the desktop version there is a 19.99 state efile fee (later will increase to 24.99) for a state return.   There is no state efile fee for New York state, and there is no fee to print and mail the state returns.

The desktop editions also have Forms Mode for direct viewing/editing of the actual forms during preparation.  Online TurboTax does not have that feature.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies