Solved: How much of my cell phone bill can I write off if I only did Ride Sharing (Uber) for 2 months out of the year (can I write my cell phone bill off for the whole year)?

houndshark

How much of my cell phone bill can I write off if I only did Ride Sharing (Uber) for 2 months out of the year (can I write my cell phone bill off for the whole year)?

MinhT

You can only claim as a business expense the use of your cell phone related to your business.

Assume that in the 2 months you worked as a Uber driver, you use 50% of your cell phone for business and 50% for your personal use, then you can only claim 50% of the costs for those 2 months (not your cell phone bill for the whole year).

MinhT