Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

uwood49

I generally get between 2000-1000 dollars back in taxes every year. This year, I worked more jobs but I'm getting considerably less money back. I'm confused

The two jobs I have only add up to additional 7000 of taxable income.  Super frustrating and I don't know what's going on.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I generally get between 2000-1000 dollars back in taxes every year. This year, I worked more jobs but I'm getting considerably less money back. I'm confused

How much money did you make previously?  Many people make this mistake.  If you received W-2 from the extra $7,000 chances are you didn't have enough withheld and the extra money pushed you into a higher tax bracket.  Same thing with a spouse when they work.  Sometimes enough isn't withheld and you end up owing.

uwood49

I made between 60,000 to 30,000 my first 10 years of working always got more than 2000 back from the government.  My main job had 60,000 this year and 7,000 from the two other jobs I was working.  Such a bummer because this was going to contribute to my wedding in November.  I live in California and it seems like the tax bracket is 55-250 so I'm not sure what is going on.  So frustrating.
uwood49

Also keep in mind that I paid 14,000 plus to the government on 67,000 income.  I get back 400 bucks?  How is that possible?  That's almost 20% of my income.  Am I doing my taxes wrong.  Turbo tax seems pretty fool proof.

So you made 67,000 this year?

This is kippms96  not cprince1942.  I have been using Turbo Tax since it first came out.  Worked for Jackson Hewitt 2013-2015, and 2014-2015 managed two kiosks.
uwood49

yes 67000 for 3 jobs.  One main job, two part time.

Try putting into turbo tax just the main job and see what happens, save the file first with a (1) next to it.  Then delete the two part-time W-2's and see where you are at....
uwood49

I was at about 1,300 before I entered the other two W-2.  Then it went down from there to 400 dollars.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies