swizius

How do you stop Turbotax from scamming you into paying for Premium Services

The help menu says to go back and remove it but I can't find the remove button

ee-ea

swizius

Thanks, the California tip got me on the right track. The payment screen is trying to say (pretty vaguely) that you can either A) pay with credit card OR B) pay with refund which includes a $45 surcharge for some services junk. So I had to go back and make sure I wanted my federal return paid out to me (NOT rolled over to next year) and then make sure that I was paying everything out of pocket (no rollover between any of the years, forward or back). In the end I believe I only paid for the things I wanted (I'll need to double check my credit card statement to make sure). I was tricked into buying this stuff two years ago, so I also contacted my credit card company and Paypal just now to clarify my dispute options in case Turbotax pulls a fast one on me again.  

ee-ea

swizius

I saw those instructions, they are misleading. There is no "Well Done" screen under File. Hitting back does not actually go to any other page

swizius

Hi yes I am. The File screen just says "just three more steps" and then when I try to review my order it asks for payment information with the $45 Premium Services included. There is no Well Done screen and no option to remove the "Services"

swizius