Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do you jump to related entries

Switching from HR Block to Turbo Tax.  In HR Block I can go to an entry right click, select Jump to Related and I can go to exactly where that entry goes to or comes from. 

For the life of me I can not figure out how to do this basic function with Turbo Tax.   To be specific I am entering K-1 Interest (same for Dividend) amounts and try to trace where Turbo Tax enters them on the Schedule B.

How does one do track where entries go and come from?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Are you using the Turbo Tax Online web version or the Desktop CD/Download program installed on your computer?  And you want to see the actual forms like schedule B?  You can do that in the Desktop program.  When you switch to Forms Mode it will open the related form.

I have the desktop version.  I am not asking how to see forms.  I am asking how do jump to related entries.  On HR Block if I have entry on K-1 and want to see where that entry goes to I can just click and jump to related and then jump to where that entry went.   There must be away to do that in Turbo Tax, otherwise you spend forever trying to figure out where the entry went.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax, this works the other way around.

Since you have the CD/download software, at any time, you can go to Forms (upper right), and scroll down to select a form. When you get to the form, you should be able to click on the data field to see where the number came from.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies