eliz_brown

How do you deal with a 1099K that says "this will be filed with your state, but not the IRS due to it being below the IRS minimum threshold"?

I'm considered an independent contractor for a direct sales company. Clients pay me directly, then I place their order and receive a commission on total sales. The information of the 1099K reflects the total for the client and my 1099 reflects my paycheck for the same transactions (income is double reported). How should I treat this?

ToddL

Form 1099-K, like all 1099 Forms, is an information return. If you are already reporting the amount shown on the Form 1099-K as taxable income on your return, you don't need to do anything else. 

(There isn't a place to enter Form 1099-K on your tax return. You just need to account for it elsewhere, usually as "General Income"  in the Business Income interview of TurboTax Self-Employed).

ToddL