Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!

How do i upgrade my account to see my 2017 return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I can tell you how to do all that, but you may have an additional problem that you will encounter.  You appear to be using Live Basic, which is an upgraded version of Free Edition that has live help from a CPA/EA tax expert.  Live Basic is 79.99 for a Federal return and 34.99 for a state return.   Is that the edition you want, or did you upgrade to the Live product by mistake?    If you did, then we can tell you how to get out of it and go back to Free Edition, so you can upgrade to PLUS for 19.99.    I need to ask you some questions first.

Please answer all of the following:

1. Have you located the 2017 return, and when you try to download/print, does it ask you to pay?
  2. What is the story on your 2018 return?  Have you already filed a 2018 return in Online TurboTax, or is one still in preparation?  Or did you file elsewhere?
  3. Was the 2018 return prepared in Free Edition?
  4. Do you want the Live Basic product you are currently in, or did you add the Live component by accident?
  5. Is the 2018 return in the SAME account as the 2017 online return?

We can tell you how to unlock a return once you answer all the questions above.

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Also, if all you need is the 2017 AGI, there should be a free link you can use to get it.   Go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents".  Choose tax year 2017.   Look for a link "view adjusted gross income (AGI."