How do I upgrade from Turbo Tax Free File to Turbo Tax Premier.

You cannot upgrade from Free File.  You have to get out of the account you were using for Free File and use a different account and user ID to use "regular" TurboTax.

That is ridiculous. So will not have your info form last year ?

I agree this is annoying. There is supposed to be an upgrade option in the menu on the left and now you're saying we can't upgrade? When did this change?

I spent hours entering my new data, and then found out I was in the freefile version (unsure why, I had never used this).  And now I have to create a new account so all my old information is now unable to be imported.  This needs to be fixed.

Sorry--there is no fix -- the IRS does not allow you to upgrade from the Free File version so that lower income taxpayers can be assured that they will NOT end up a software version they cannot pay for.  

I'm in same situation as batespurdue, Complete BS, I don't even mind re-entering, but no matter what I do I end up back to the free program. Least they could have done is separate them so when I click the deluxe edition on their price page, I goto the deluxe edition and not the free program again. On to the big H R I go.

Yes, I have the same problem. I can't upgrade and I can't seem to start a new account. I'll either try a different system or go back to my accountant. He's fairly inexpensive and this is not worth the headache.

I am also in the same boat. Why did I fill everything out if it won't even let me upgrade?! Why is TurboTax making it so hard for me to pay them. You'd think they would want the money.