russelloberg

How do I upgrade from the Deluxe version to the Home and Business version I have been using for my 2016 return, so that I can enter my Schedule C expenses?

HelenaC

You can also initiate an upgrade any time before filing:

1. Open (continue) your return in the TurboTax software.
  2. Click Upgrade TurboTax, which you'll find along the very bottom of your screen (look for the "up" arrow).
  3. In the new window, select the version you'd like to upgrade to and click Upgrade Now. (Or No Thanks to abort the upgrade.)
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to purchase the upgrade.
  5. When finished, continue working on your return – no need to go back to the beginning.

Upgrading is a one-way street; once you've upgraded, you can't go back to the version you originally purchased.