thetrev68

How do I "review" a 1099-INT from Texas? It's complaining because I haven't selected a state, but Texas is not available to select.

Appears to be a glitch in the program. It should either let me select Texas, or not require me to enter a state.
SteamTrain

Is this for bond municipal interest in box 8 from a Texas bond?

IF so, go to the end of the list of states, and select "More than one state "  (or "Multiple States" for those using the Online software)

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
SteamTrain

Another thing you might be referring to.........if only box 1 income is on that 1099-INT....and if you have the checkbox page following the main 1099-INT form where you checked a box:

"My state doesn't tax all of this interest"

uncheck that box and select :   "None of the above" instead.

Yeah, Texas doesn't ax any of it...but that checkbox is for a special circumstances where the state involved DOES normally tax some or all of the interest reported. 

And Texas never taxes it so you don't need that "doesn't tax" checkbox at all......neither do residents of AK, WA, WY, SD, FL, and NV.